Re: Re: SU Needle selection and Air/Fuel Gauges

To: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Subject: Re: Re: SU Needle selection and Air/Fuel Gauges
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 10:58:58 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I don't know that I would necessarily want mine in there all the time,  but the
sensor section (that sticks into the pipe), at least on my 3 wire Bisch unit,
is a little shy of 3/4 of an inch deep, and 1/2 inch in diameter.  Not too
large.  At least not enough to really worry about it.  Performance shouldn't be
affected too much.

Mike

Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu> wrote:
> Lots of info about oxygen sensors at:

http://www.howstuffworks.com/question257.htm

After looking at the senor photos, it seems to me that you would not
want one of those things installed permanently as there is quite a
bit of sensor sticking out in the exhaust stream.

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA, USA
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision, http://www.molvis.org/molvis
mailto:jboatri@emory.edu