Re: Just bought a Midget!

To: ccrobins@ktc.com, macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
Subject: Re: Just bought a Midget!
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 08:49:51 EDT
Cc: cfchrist@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 9/16/2000 9:02:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ccrobins@ktc.com writes:

<< Carb's running way too rich. >>

You still had the Stromberg carb on your engine didn't you, Charley?  Or am I
thinking of someone else?   One of the best investments on the 1500 engines
is to scrub the Stromberg and go with an SU setup, or even better as far as I
am concerned, a Weber.  I am running the DVAG downdraft and really like the
ease of adjustment plus the performance.  The DCOE sidedrafts are better for
performance, but are much more costly and, I understand, a little more
difficult to install.  The only problem I am having with my downdraft, and a
problem I have yet to solve, is that, with the K&N air filter (also
recommended) the whole thing bangs my bonnet underneath.  I have an upwards
dent where the unit rests against the bonnet.  I need a thinner air filter.

The SU's are simple and very good carbs, too.

If you aren't the one who still has the Stromberg. . .Never mind!  8^)

--David C.