Re: 1275 oil thrower

To: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Subject: Re: 1275 oil thrower
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 21:51:25 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Gerard Chateauvieux wrote:

> I have two different types of oil throwers for the timing chain end of the
> crank. One has a straight edge, the other curves at the edge and forms a
> shallow cup shape. Anyone know which of these works better or if they are
> both about the same?

I think the straight one is from a single timing chain motor and the
dished one is from a dual chain motor.
I am not positive on this and I have seen both. All 1275s I ever took
apart used the dished oil thrower. Be extra carful how it goes on, many
of them have the "F" stamped thru to the other side but it is a reverse
"F"
The indented "F" faces front.
Wanna know what happens if you reverse it?

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ