RE: Torque wrench recommendations

To: "Charley & Peggy Robinson" <ccrobins@ktc.com>, "Brad Fornal" <toyman@digitex.net>
Subject: RE: Torque wrench recommendations
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 20:15:12 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <Daniel1312@aol.com>, <bmantz@infi.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sorry, I gotta disagree. When you are working out of the garage at home, a
$20-$50 torque wrench will suite you just fine for the total number of times
that you will use it. When you do it for a living, that $225 wrench can make
the difference doing a job and doing it again and eating any damage that the
failed repair may cause. You wouldn't reassemble a Northstar or a sohc Ford
with a $20 wrench. Snap-on warrants the wrench for a year because they need
to be recalibrated after repeated use. I've had a 20-250 swivel headed
"click" type since 85' and have failed to break it yet.
Just my dollar 2 ninety 8's worth,
Jaybird