Re: Torque wrench recommendations

To: Jay Bourgraf <jaybird@isoc.net>
Subject: Re: Torque wrench recommendations
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 10:47:09 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
  So, when you have it recalibrated, do you get another year's
warranty?  Actually the torque wrench warranty info on the SO website
says the warranty period info is included with the tool but will not
_exceed_ 1 year.  Depending on the use/user it my be no more than 90
days.

  For my part, I've had my Craftsman click-type wrench for 20+ years and
it hasn't failed me yet.  I don't use it a lot any more but there was a
time when it saw lots of use and I never had a comebacker that was
attributable to improper torque.  I'll sure agree that I wouldn't depend
on a $20 tool though.

  Cheers,

  CR