Re: apology was wiring harnesses

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: apology was wiring harnesses
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 19:24:47 -0700
No way Scott, you don't get off that easy.  Don't take it personal.  We get
bored with our usual rantings.  Most newbies ask about DOT 5, or tire sizes.
Been watching the list for about 2 years and this little twister has been a
breath of fresh bandwith.  I'm hoping you've got a few more new topics for
us to toss about!

I've seen some pretty bad attempts to make owner designed wiring harnesses.
The silliest was a guy that used solid core romex style copper wire to make
his wiring harness.  He was real proud of it too.  Hood up and telling all
the passers by how great it was.  The insulation on every circuit's wires
was white.  Now how do you find a problem when all the wires are the same
color, or there isn't a wiring diagram to trouble shoot from.  Truth is that
is the kind of thing that eventually results in a car coming to the end of
its life.  Most do-it-yourselfers just don't have access to correct color
wires and varying gage wires.  They don't have a blue print and the next guy
is SOL.

It is vary simple to add a second correct appearing  four fuse box if you
need additional circuits.  Go to
http://www.team.net/sol/tech/LucasColours.html and find the correct color
wire to use, call Ed at Just Brits and order the wire.
The  argument about fused headlights is silly.  Fused headlight circuits use
two fuses one left, one right, so that if one circuit shorts, you still have
the opposite headlight working.
David Riker
74 Midget
63 Falcon