Re: DIY wiring harness

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: DIY wiring harness
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 22:36:55 EDT
In a message dated 10/16/2000 9:08:09 PM Central Daylight Time,
esheffield@prizmail.com writes:

<< Either something is escaping me too,  >>

ER, Big time, Eddie.

|>Larry Miller
|>http://www.ado13.com

I am just kinda sure the following "partial" info will be found:

<<te Last Modified 5 June, 2000
 The Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite

Bugiii"s Spec's

During 1956, Leonard Lord of British Motor Corporation mentioned to Donald
Healey that there was a need for a small, low-cost sports car to fill the gap
left by the disappearance of the pre-war Austin Seven Nippy and Ulster
models. Healey set about designing a prototype which was to become the famous
"Bugeye Sprite". The Sprite went into production in early 1958 under the
Austin-Healey badge as Austin Drawing Office Project Number 13 and was an
instant success.

In the original Gerry Coker design, the Sprite was to have pop-up headlamps
that lay flat when closed as later seen on the Porsche 928. They were deleted
due to cost and complexity and the headlamps were mounted on the bonnet
giving the car a Frog like appearance. The Sprite was immediately dubbed the
"Frogeye" which was translated to "Bugeye" on the other side of the pond.

The "Bugeye" was built from 1958 to early 1961 at which time it was replaced
by the MkII Sprite and the MkI Midget. All told, almost 50,000 Bugeye's,
including those assembled from CKD kits were built. The Italian Sprites were
also built on the Bugeye chassis but with a different body.

  email Admin@ado13.com

The Spridget Web Ring

[Skip Previous] [Previous] [Next Site] [Skip Next Site][Random Site]
[Advance 5 Sites] [List Sites] Want to join the Spridget Cars Ring?
In Association with The Midget & Sprite Club>>

So, Eddie, please DON the "glasses" you suggest I need !!  He does include
his url in prob'ly 95% of his posts.

And the apology will arrive WHEN????

         Ed

PS:  Old sailors' proverb:  "don't spit into the wind."