Re: DIY wiring harness

To: "Brad Pace" <britclas@WorldShare.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: DIY wiring harness
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 13:11:27 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Well, Brad, I may as well tell it all...

The harness is a beauty, nicely taped where necessary for looks or
protection, zip-tied elsewhere for modification or repair.  NO bullet
connectors.  All connections at the lights are soldered ( this will be a
minor inconvenience when I need to paint the car or change the rubber
gasket, but it means absolutely no light failures or intermittent
connections pissing me off).  He bundled in a few extra wires in the section
that runs to the boot to accomodate future needs, same in the front.  When I
added an electric fuel pump near the tank and an air horn in the bonnet this
feature came in very handy.  He used the proper gauge wire and quality
connectors.  The aircraft multi-connector plug allows me to remove the
bonnet easily.  Most homemades may indeed be crap, but this one was made by
someone who knew what they were doing.  As with anything, quality materials
used by skilled hands makes all the difference.  Otherwise, "Kids, don't try
this at home."

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 bugeye