Need help! Check your old parts!

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Need help! Check your old parts!
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 21:57:58 -0500
Well, I took apart the front suspension on the Midget today getting ready
for new kingpins and A-arms. Went pretty well, except the pinch bolt broke
off in the left shock absorber. Grrrr. And at least according to VB, they
won't even accept that as a core with that problem. Already broke off an
"easy-out" in it too. I've NEVER had any luck with those things. Anyway,
does anyone have a shock (left/driver's side) with a good arm they would be
willing to part with. I hate the thought of having to buy a shock when the
one I have is fine otherwise (I think), especially if I can't even use it
for a core.

BTW, how should these lever shocks act by themselves (i.e. unconnected)?
Since I have everything apart, I probably should check them and see if they
are OK. I know to check the oil level, but what should it feel like when I
move the arm?

Thanks!

Eddie
1971 Midget