Re: Replacement Panel Questions

To: LRuggi2635@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Replacement Panel Questions
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 17:21:05 EST
In a message dated 11/6/2000 2:31:29 AM Eastern Standard Time,
LRuggi2635@aol.com writes:

<< do you guys take all the black coating off the inside of
 the new pieces or do you just remove to shiny metal, weld it up and worry
 about the outside only?  >>

Larry:

I am not sure where you are in referring to the "but instead of bending
perpendicular from the arch to make part of the wheel well, it just lies
flat."  I have used numerous Moss-supplied panels and haven't had that
problem.  They mostly fit pretty well, with a little fitting, which is
expected.

As far as the black coating is concerned, I remove it, give a spray of rust
converter primer, then paint it with a couple of coats of rust proof paint,
like Rustoleum, if it is an enclosed panel.  Otherwise I will prime and paint
it as the rest of the car.  But yes, the black coating is a temporary laquer
coating that should be removed and repainted.

--David C.

--David C.