Re: magnet on/off switch

Subject: Re: magnet on/off switch
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 10:05:48 -0600
Cc: Spridgeteers <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Brad Fornal wrote:

> I have been looking to make an underwater DPV (diver propulsion vehicle). The
> power switch you see on the store models is enclosed within the airtight
>handle.
> You wear a velcro bracelet with a magnet stitched into it, and when you put
>your
> hand on the handle, the magnet closes the switch inside, this then gives the
>unit
> power. Has anyone ever heard of these, or better yet, knows a source??
> Brad (back from drift diving and feelin' even more lazy!)

        Jet skis use a switch not too dissimilar from that, but probably not
tough
enough for submerged use. You can get magnetic (and sealed) switched designed to
use on fence gates with security systems, but they may be too cumbersome for
your application.
        Probably not any help, but perhaps you can look at some designs to
improve
upon.

--
~