a revelation

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: a revelation
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 18:20:00 GMT FILETIME=[54040020:01C05255]
you know,something just occured to me as i sat in front of my computer
reading the archive files on the 5 speed conversions,the 1500 vs. 1275,etc.
  one of the reasons i have liked my old american hotrods in the past,my
mustang,my trans am,my bonneville with the 389 tri-power,is that fact that
they weren't quite civilized.i used to like cruising past a cop with the
bonneville locked down in second and the engine rumbling,stereo cranked
playing the ramones to the point of distortion which is how they sound best
anyway.
and here i sit,pondering some things which will civilize the midget like a 5
speed to make it more pleasant and easier to drive...well maybe the point is
it isnt supposed to be all that easy to drive,maybe youre supposed to have
to crank the stereo to hear the ramones over the rushing wind and the motor
doing 4500 rpms on the highway.
maybe i forgot that,maybe im getting too dammed old,but like jethro
said"youre never too old to rock and roll,if youre too young to die"