Re: sticky stuff

To: Patricia.Sauthoff@Colorado.EDU, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: sticky stuff
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 09:55:35 EST
In a message dated 11/24/2000 5:43:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Patricia.Sauthoff@Colorado.EDU writes:

<< I've finally gotten around to cutting the vinyl to recover a console and
 was wondering what kind of adhesive would work best on vinyl to metal.  I
 had another question for you all, but it's left me right now... oh well. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - -

3M and Permatex make a variety of adhesives for cars.  Go to the best auto
store you can find and read the labels.  If the console is out of the car
(and I hope you aren't trying to recover it in situ!) I would use the
Permatex spray contact cement.  Follow the directions for best results.
Sorry I don't have the cans nearby, but they are in the garage and I am
eating my pecan waffles.

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 Midget