Re: 1500 Midget and twin HS2 carb setup

To: Daniel1312@aol.com
Subject: Re: 1500 Midget and twin HS2 carb setup
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 17:33:09 -0500
Cc: npenney@erols.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Daniel1312@aol.com wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.  Can you confirm that the manifolds from Mk2 - Mk4
> Spitfire are all the same and will the 1500 Midget (obligatory MG content).

  Yes, all the same.

> Also I guess the twin HS2 Spitfire 'hop up' replaces a single 1.5" stromberg?

  Yes. Although again, if you are paying to buy a set of carbs, go
for the proper HS4 carbs for the engine. Even by factory definition
the HS2s are "too small".

  If you have a set of HS2s around, slap them on, but proper HS4s
won't cost anymore and flow a lot more air. They are also factory-spec
so needle selection is simple and well documented.

>  If so, is the Spitfire single stromberg manifold the same as the one on the
> 1500 Midget

  Yes.

> Finally is the stud hole pattern on the 1.5" Stromberg the same
> as a HS4?

  No.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.