Re: More troubles (clutch)

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: More troubles (clutch)
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 20:23:53 -0000
Frank,
I had something like this.  Never quite fathomed it, but I think it
was down to a blocked reservoir cap.  They have a little vent built
into the (plastic) caps.
I guess that if this is blocked, when you release the clutch pedal it
pulls the fluid up from the slave cylinder and for a moment it creates
a bit of negative pressure, sucking air in at the slave end, past the
seal.
What should happen is that the clutch  rod should push the slave
piston in, pushing the fluid up to the master and venting the air out
of the cap vent.
Not sure, but think that might be it.
Try riving with the reservoir cap loosend off a bit to test.

Guy

PS swith one of you Healey engines into the A40.  Job sorted!