Clutch fixed

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch fixed
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 17:20:53 -0500
Thanks for all the suggestions on the clutch hydraulic problem I had.
Especially Ed, he got it right.
It was a burred copper washer on the slave hose.
Everything else was new but those washers do not come with the slave or
hose. My local hardware store had something close but in bronze.
It seems to be OK so far but I only drove it about 10 miles.
That's 5 times longer then any other times without bleeding it.

And on my A40 no start problem...I think it just doesn't like the cold.
Or it is a late sleeper because it always fires up if it's 10:00 or
later. It just doesn't want to wake up at 7:30.
No voltage lose, good cables, good connection, lots of spark.
So I taught my daughter to push the dizzy back, start it up, warm it up,
then advance the dizzy so it runs well. I put 2 marks on it and now have
the clamp semi tight so it's an easy chore in the morning.
I should just hook up a cable to it. Pull choke and spark retard before
starting. Push them both in when warmed up.

--

Happy Healeydays
Frank Clarici