Happy New 5speed?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Happy New 5speed?
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 17:59:51 -0800 FILETIME=[07B8E1E0:01C0713B]
Hello list.

You have been great help to me when I needed advice on my head... leaking. (
1275 engine head =)

Now I would like your current opinion and help on what to do to my bugeye.

Here is the long story.. kidding. SHORT story.

I was out for a drive on hwy 101 in southern california.  Stopped for a red
light.  The light turned green so I started out in first gear (real easy.)
I shifted into second gear (always had to double clutch it) and CLANK GRInD
clankity grind...Quickly shifted into 3rd and got the car home by avoiding
second gear.

My second gear must be toast!

***I need your current advice and opinions on what to do next.***

Here are my car's SPECS.....

My rear end ratio is:
3.90:1

Tires:
175 70r13s bfgs

Motor:
1275 with 1 1/4 INCH SU-HS2's

Transmission:
smooth case (with broken second gear)

1) ***Should I put a Datsun 5spd in with a Rivergate kit?***
or
2) ***Should I put a rib case back in the car?***

I live in southern california and plan to keep my car for a long time.  Your
advice, experiences, opinions are welcomed.

Sincerely,

Chris
58 bugeye =)