Re: Junkyard Wars was: Re: LBC conversion

To: CNAArndt@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Junkyard Wars was: Re: LBC conversion
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 12:08:26 EST
In a message dated 1/6/01 11:57:31 AM, CNAArndt@aol.com writes:

<<I had to get in on this discussion but first a little history.  I too am a
huge fan of Junkyard Wars, the British version.  I did however watch the new
series which it appears is now U.S. based and the verdict is still not out on
this new season.

In my best Andy Rooney voice:

               Didja ever notice:
                    1.  every design, no matter how complicated or
simple,takes
                         exactly 10 hours to build.
               2.  there's always the perfect piece of junk available
somewhere
                          in the junkyard to complete the design. (c'mon,
whose
                          junkyard has airplane wings in it?)
                     3.  every contest is always decided on the last of three
attempts
                     4.   the "expert" judge almost always chooses the wrong
team to win.

       A born cynic like myself might suspect this whole show is rigged. No
matter, I love to watch it anyway.  Oh, one more:

                    5.  The male host for the British show is way better than
the one on
                            the US show.
Rick