Re: Junkyard Wars was: Re: LBC conversion

To: CNAArndt@aol.com
Subject: Re: Junkyard Wars was: Re: LBC conversion
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 01:38:33 -0500
Cc: HealeyRic2@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
  It may seem like splitting hairs, but there is a very
big difference between "fixing the show" and making the
show work.

>                      1.  every design, no matter how complicated or
> simple,takes
>                           exactly 10 hours to build.

  Actually, this doesn't surprise me at all.

  Think of the last time you had a project with a deadline, at
work or school, whatever.

  If the project was given six months, it took six months. If
you had four weeks, it took four weeks. It doesn't mean
that it's the same quality product, but deadlines are
deadlines and you work to have the best result you
can at the deadline.

>                2.  there's always the perfect piece of junk available
> somewhere
>                            in the junkyard to complete the design. (c'mon,
> whose
>                            junkyard has airplane wings in it?)

  I mean, really, every time they have a football
game, WHAT A COINCIDENCE that two teams show up, WITH
GEAR, and REFS ARE THERE, and somebody brings A BALL!

  That doesn't mean the game is fixed, it just means
they know what it takes to give the teams what they
need to make a good show.

>                     5.  The male host for the British show is way better than
> the one on
>                              the US show.

 I'll give you that. Although I think they are both
kind of goofs.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca