Hydraulic jack help (no lbc)

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hydraulic jack help (no lbc)
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 17:50:55 -0500
Does anyone know how a hydraulic jack (ram) works?

I can not get a replacement for 8-10 business days, a local shop says
they *might* get to it in the next 2 weeks, and I have an engine sitting
out of a Sprite that needs to go back in. All the kids went back to
college so I have no able bodys to help lift. Any anybody my age is too
smart to lift an engine with their back.

I did buy some seals and O rings, it doesn't leak anymore.
But, when I apply pressure, it doesn't go up.
If I help it along it goes up just fine but with each pump of the handle
you can see the piston go up and then back down,
When it's up, it does not bleed down with me standing on it so I assume
all the seals are good. The valve consists of a small ballbearing with a
copper washer over it. (or parts fell out)
No leaks, no bleedbacks, I just can't get it up! (I didn't say that)

I would rather pop an engine back in rather then watch TV. It's 40ish
out in the garage, great working weather.

TIA
--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ