Re: Bonnet, (Hood) seal trivial question

To: LBCarNut <LBCarNut@carolina.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Bonnet, (Hood) seal trivial question
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 17:54:15 -0800
Cc: Don <TheBoss@wardrox1.fsnet.co.uk>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Guys,
     I've bought 2 bonnet seals from two different sources.  They were the
exact same dimensions.  The guy that did the body work on my car for the
restoration found the 90 degree lip at the rear of the bonnet was bent in
towards the front of the bonnet so he straightened it!  When the seal was
trail fit the bonnet would sit up above the cowl by 1/2 and inch.  Seems
like the factory installed the seal, but then bent the lip in with a rubber
hammer to make the bonnet fit correctly.  This infamous rubber hammer was
at every assembly station I was told.  So, now that my lip is straightened
out I can't install my seal unless I get a BF(rubber)H and have at it.
Shades of Abingdon!
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite