Re: NO LBC - Americans

To: BritishCarMan@aol.com
Subject: Re: NO LBC - Americans
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 07:46:05 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Jamie:

My apologies; I did not mean to imply that any disrespect was involved,
nor wish to set off any arguments.  I should have remembered the little
smiley-face emoticon to show that I was speaking tongue-in-cheek, or at
least thrown in a few references to Zappa, cats, silicone brake fluid,
and towing my wire-wheel car backwards.....  ; )

Rich -- Council Bluffs, Iowa
'74.5 RB MGB "Miss Maggie"
'79 Midget "Miss Molly"
'86 Ford Crown Victoria LTD "BarcaLounger on Wheels"
richard.arnold@juno.com  or  rdarnold@neonramp.com

On Sun, 28 Jan 2001 02:19:52 EST BritishCarMan@aol.com writes:
> Hey Rich and list, when I said "That's true for the most part." I did
> not mean that everyone was a bunch of foreigners. I agreed with the
fact
> that the natives were pushed onto reservations. Many of the natives
died
> trying to keep their land. I respect my ancestors for their bravery in
making
> a stand in a losing battle. On the other hand part of my blood line
stems
> back to England. They came to America in the late 1600's. We all have a

> right to be here. I meant no disrespect to anyone. I'm sorry if that's
the way
> you took it. I don't want to get involved with ethnic arguments, it's a
waste
> of time.  I would much rather talk about our little british cars.
That's why
> we are all here.
>
> Jamie
> 1962 AH Sprite MK II (under restoration)
> 1979 Trans Am (back on the road again)
> Web site links:  <A
> HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/darkside/mycar.html";>Welcome to
> my british car site</A>
>
> In a message dated 01/27/2001 8:46:42 AM Central Standard Time,
> richard.arnold@juno.com writes:
>
>> Heck, only my LBC's are foreigners -- I was born here, as were my
>> parents, and their parents, and so on....  On the paternal side,
>> we go back to at least 1767 Virginia (if anyone has a Moses Arnold
>> lurking in their family tree, please let me know).

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!