Re: NO LBC -/Spice

To: <Daniel1312@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: NO LBC -/Spice
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 20:47:28 -0000
i have 2 here and they are both marked on the head as "unbreako".  that is
the pinch bolt that fastens the steering shaft to the rack's pinion gear.
using the locking nut that looks like a nylock nut but has no nylon in it
and has 2 slits in the sides of the dome of the nut.

i could be wrong but i was of the opinion the the "unbreako's" were a
hardened fastner.  but what strength i am not positive?  at least a grade 5
if not 8?  i can not see those being a grade 3 or less.  the head markings
are not very clear as to be #5or#8?  i replaced the above mentioned bolt
with a grade 8 , 1/4" diameter bolt diring the rebuild on my bugeye.  the
original bolt was just too rusty to reinstall.

chuck.
any one out there able to shed any aditional light here?