Re: Unbreako - R, S, or T

To: "Rick Fisk" <rickfisk@concentric.net>, <Daniel1312@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Unbreako - R, S, or T
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 00:56:49 -0000
by the way, along this line?  most of the standard hardware on my bugeye
carries the "R" marking on the head of the bolt with a depressed circle in
the center of the head of the bolt.  i just thought i'd offer that
information for what it's worth.   i can remember glass bead blasting evry
bolt and nut before i sent them all out for replating!  after a while i was
seeing the letter "R" on top of evry thing i looked at! lol!  there were a
few other markings but they were rather uncommon.  they were original
hardware , not a replacement type from a service station's repairs.  but
there were some variants.  hold on, i'm gonna trot out to the shop.  i keep
almost a second total set of factory replated sorted hardware on
hand.........12:12am......freezing dedacation...in shorts!!!!!.....2 degrees
outside!...brrrrrrrr!!!
ok here we go!
TWL   R-UNF
TWL   R-BSF
GKN   R-UNF
GKN   R
GKN   S
GSF   S
FCF   S
WT     S
AUTO  S
ATBO  S
WILEY  S
RUBBERY OWEN    328-35
NEWTON      R
SPARTS       R
WODEN        R
LINREAD      R
WILEY           R
AUTO            R
SA                 R
(UNMARKED)    R
BEES   55 T 65  (FRONT SHOCK)
BEES   45 R 56
WILEY   T  (FRONT SHOCK)
MARWIN  R  F
MARWIN    R
WOODEN   B

the above listed bolt markings are from what a have readily available and
cleaned and replated used hardware.  these are the exceptions to my hardware
collection of mostly un-named with just  an "R" on the head ofthe bolt.  my
car consists of mostly that type of marking.  finding viable unrusted
refinishable hardware is not an easy task, ask any restorer.  i have parted
out mostly bugeye, mk2 sprite and mk1 midget.   where exactly do all these
other pieces of factory  hardware fall into place production wise?   i am
not certain.  but baby!  i got them!

chuck.
yeah i have a bunch of stuff!  ask macy he saw the museum /
garage...lol!...c  :)