Re: Unbreako - R, S, or T

To: cbking <cbking@mail.alum.rpi.edu>
Subject: Re: Unbreako - R, S, or T
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 20:08:46 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
cbking wrote:

> So does that mean I can assume that the fasteners in my '79 Midget are all
>UNF, and not Whitworth or metric? Or did British Leyland start using metric
>fasteners in the late 70's?

Except for some fuel fittings like the gas tank drain plug and fuel
connection, and some bits on SU carbs, All other nuts and bolts on all
Sprites and Midgets are (for the most part) UNF.

The SUs and fuel tank fittings were Whitworth.
No metric hardware was ever used on any Spridget.
But you will need a 12mm open end wrench, this fits the oil pressure
pipe
or a well worn 7/16 also fits. Unless Crapsman 7/16 wrenches are not
quite 7/16" these days.

--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ