Re: Was LBC Related Questions- Now Rubber Floor Mats

To: HealeyRic2@aol.com
Subject: Re: Was LBC Related Questions- Now Rubber Floor Mats
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 01:08:10 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
HealeyRic2@aol.com writes:

<< Consensus from some off-list messages seems that $1k is in the right
ballpark.
 So, if Curt picked up that bugeye with a good set of original floor mats and
 interior in good shape for $3,500 it sounds like a pretty good deal to me,
 especially if he's interested in doing a concours bugeye.  >>

Hi All

Actually the floor mats are in very good shape considering their age but the
transmission tunnel rubber mat was pretty torn up and probably not savable,
but I'll see what I can do.  With the total cost of purchase and all the
parts and work that I've done so far I'm pushing $5K and providing the engine
and transmission are all right when I fire her up in a week or two I'll have
done well.  Just in case, I've found a good smoothcase for $250 and a fellow
club member has offered all of his extra 948 engine bits, enough for at least
one good engine, for another $150.  So worst case add another $1000 to 1500
if the drivetrain needs a complete rebuild and I'm now at $6000 to 6500 which
I guess wouldn't be too bad, but just don't tell my wife since this is her
car and I've seriously blown the budget.

Plan on driving the Bugeye for a few years while I'm finishing a concours
restoration on the BN1, but it's in such good shape that I don't think that I
can resist the urge to someday do a correct restoration.  This concours stuff
is a definite sickness.

BTW did I mention that it came with the complete, but not very comprehensive
late tool kit and bag and a near perfect side curtain bag.  Also under the
Transmission mat in front of the gearshift was a piece of paper which appears
to be the factory body build sheet listing exterior, trim, and interior
colors.  With all the positive comments that I've received so far I guess
that this was a pretty good deal after all.

I'll keep every one posted on the project.

Curt (It's Nancy's Bugeye) Arndt
Carlsbad, CA
'55 BN1, '60 AN5