Re: Cosmoline?...

To: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cosmoline?...
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 06:02:39 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Bryan Vandiver <bryan.vandiver@sun.com>
One source is Brownell's gunsmith supply....they have a huge catalog and a
website.  They will also speak with you in detail about any product they sell -
they are knowledgeable and helpful.

I've only experienced cosmo as a storage agent....it's heck to get off
sometimes!  No idea how it would work in service....

--- Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com> wrote:
> When asking for suggestions for preserving my leaf springs, someone
> suggested trying cosmoline. I've since come to learn that this is used to
> preserve cars and engines for transportation... and also for guns. (Sorry,
> but I think I'm about to start a gun thread... but not intentionally).
> Since, for some strange reason, I think there are a few gun enthusiasts on
> the list, I thought I might get some opinions or sources of this product.
> An internet search revealed tons of references/questions for removal, but
> that's about it.
>
> I had the impression cosmoline remained in an oily-waxey state, but some
> info I read leads me to believe it dries hard.
>
> Is this a practical solution? Is the stuff safe to use? (no jokes about as
> safe as the persons hands it's in)
>
> anonymous
>
> --
> Please visit Four Points Travel -
> Discount Online International Travel Reservations
> http://www.gerardsgarage.com/fourpoints
> To make a reservation please call Toll Free 1-800-272-3253
>

> G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
>  E A
>   R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
>    A A