Re: Engine Paint

To: "Wiedemeyer" <boxweed@thebest.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Paint
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 10:03:34 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
No, DMH probably didn't oversee any production at any time. OTOH,
Geoff Healey did for the many big Healeys made by Healeys while
Austin was tooling up to make the AH 100.

At 9:01 AM -0500 2/14/01, Wiedemeyer wrote:
>Yeah, this sounded like BS to me, too!
>
>Bob
>

> >So DMH was overseeing production at Abingdon?
> >jf
> >
> >Mike Maclean wrote:
> >
> >> List,
> >>      There is a story that was related to me about Healey engine colors.
>It
> >> goes: a judge of concours was was telling an entrant that the hue of
>green for
> >> his Healey engine was the wrong shade. A mustachioed man watching this
>exchange
> >> tapped the judge on the shoulder and asked him how he knew that it was
>the
> >> wrong shade.  The judge replied that he had seen many Healeys and was an
>expert
> >> in such matters.  The mustachioed man replied that he thought that he was
>more
> >> of an expert on the engine colors since he was Geoff Healey.  He went on
>to say
> >> that some days they would run out of paint and his father would send him
>out to
> >> the hardware store for more, so the shade was not always exactly the same
>and
> >> it wasn't always the same kind of paint!  Needless to say the "judge" did
>not
> >> have much of a comeback for this.
> >> Mike MacLean-60 Sprite
> >>
> >> "Paul A. Asgeirsson" wrote:

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA, USA
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision, http://www.molvis.org/molvis
mailto:jboatri@emory.edu