Re: questions???

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: questions???
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 11:12:01 -0500
Hey James

Welcome to the Spridget list. You will see a lot of the same stuff here as
on the mgs, but the tech is all Spridgets. When we get around to it, that is
;-).

BTW I use the GF for my SO so don't get upset at Trisha.

Larry

At this exact moment in time 2/15/01 4:42 PM, "James Nazarian Jr"
<jamesnazarian@netzero.net> made the profound statement:

> I guess I'm on this list now.  The point is that the car is not vintage race
> legal without the 948.  I want to know, if anyone knows what would need to be
> done to do the conversion, so that I can know how to undo it.  For example, do
> the engine mounts bolt up, is there sheetmetal cutting done to make room for
> the engine or tranny, will I most likely need an original radiator, etc.  I
> know the volvo 1600 conversion happened to TCs a lot and I am hoping that it
> has happened to bugeyes a few times, and someone can tell me what needs to be
> done to make it happen.
>
> The biggest issue is any sheetmetal alteration that had to be done to
> accomodate the 1600, if this is a similar mod to fitting a 350 chevy into a B
> (read: a whole hell of a lot of cutting and moving) then I don't want to touch
> the car.  Is the 1600 conversion/unconversion a drop in thing, or is it an
> engineer in thing?  Thanks for any input on the topic.
>

> BTW, for those that don't know who I am.  I am the one Patricia refers to as
> her bf; I find it a little disheartening that I am not worthy of writing the
> word out, but there isn't much that I can do about that.  As some background,
> I have been restoring MG's since I was 7years old, I am currently 22.  I have
> little experience with the spridgets but I'm working on that.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Administrator/Manager
Neuropsychiatry Section