Re: CD player ?

To: "John Gottstein" <john@megatonebomb.com>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: CD player ?
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 12:40:00 -0800
Hi John,

Most modern units are too deep to fit in the standard console.  One solution
I've found is to take the vinyl piece that sits against the firewall, and
trace it onto plywood.  Cut out the pieces, wrap the edges in vinyl, cut out
an area for the radio unit and wires, and you are good to go.   This way you
get another 3/4 to an inch of clearance in the back.  You'll have to do
trial and error to see how far out you can extend the console without it
interfering with the shift pattern.

Greg