Re: Midget Seats

To: Ajhsys@aol.com, bugeye15@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Midget Seats
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 12:59:37 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Miata seats will fit in a Bugeye, and it can be done without drilling new
holes in the floor. (I have done it in a MKIV). However, there are two
things to consider if you plan to put them in a Bugeye. The seat backs in
the Miata seats are considerbly thicker than the Bugeye AND the cockpit
surround won't allow you to recline the seat backs very far.This is not a
problem in MKII or later cars because of enlarged cockpit surround. Also,
the seat bottoms are longer and will extend out closer to where the door is
hinged. It's not a problem as far as fit, but only entry and exit. In every
other respect, they fit nicely. If you want to see what they look like
install, check out the pics of the '62 I built last year. The link is in
the main Sprite page (62 Midget).

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -