Re: Air/Fuel Ratio

To: Daniel1312@aol.com, millerls@ado13.com
Subject: Re: Air/Fuel Ratio
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 17:21:36 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
> into it.  The full radius
> ram makes a very big difference to the carb when the
> air velocity through it
> is slow as well as aid the overall ability of the
> carb to breathe.

I missed "dyno day" at the local speed shop - $35 for
3 runs, but I'm dying to dyno my Sprite with / without
the FR rams Daniel gave me.  I lost the exact numbers,
but I sent a "poor man's" dyno run to Frank a while
back.  I chopped over a full second off pulling from
3000-5500 RPMs in my Sprite with the FR rams.  Biggest
improvement for me was driveability at extreme low end
of the curve (2000RPM with my cam).  A lot of times
I'd tweak the jets in my Weber and talk myself into
feeling I'd gotten an improvement.  The FR rams were
like "BANG!".  And I shamefully admit that with what
seems like 100 straight days with single digit
temperatures, I'd have to go out to the garage to get
all the specs on my 4 DCOE.  I haven't driven it in a
few months.

=====
Ron Soave
"Driver Carries No Cash"