Re: Turning Japanese

To: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Turning Japanese
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 12:36:30 -0500
I have never driven a Miata, but always thought one would be a cool addition
as a second car for me. However, at the Philly car show I sat in one and my
desire is now GONE. For practical reasons, not because I don't like them any
more. When sitting in the drivers seat, with it as far back and low as it
can go, the header bar for the windshield is right in front of my eyeballs.
I can't freakin see out the windscreen. I am just too tall to fit in one.

I would chalk that up to the diminutive nature of Japanese, but the Porsche
Boxster has the exact same problem for me. The only one I could fit in was
the Jag XKR. Now all I gotta do is rake in enough dough to get one ;-)

Knowing Ron I can see why he would fit in a Miata tho ;-).

Larry

PS www.jaguar.com says the F-Type Roadster has been approved for
production!!!

At this exact moment in time 3/29/01 11:04 AM, "Ron Soave"
<soavero@yahoo.com> made the profound statement:

> OK, Peter Egan came clean about owning one in Road and
> Track (since sold)...I was gonna come clean
> eventually.  Long as we're talking Subaru's and
> Lexus...  Nomex underwear on:
>
> My "normal" car was my beloved BMW 325is, and it was
> approaching 14 years of age.  While nothing was really
> wrong with it, I had started thinking about something
> new.  The only new car that remotely appealed to me in
> the "affordable" category was, gasp, the Miata.
>

> =====
> Ron Soave
> "Driver Carries No Cash"

Larry Macy