Re: Japanese Products (NO LBC)

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Japanese Products (NO LBC)
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 02:49:44 -0500
Cc: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Frank Clarici wrote:
> Billions of corrolas and now I know of 1 still on the road 20 years
> later. (a lister)
> When was the last time you saw a Toyota Crown? or even a Corona?
>
> Ah, good ole American collectables. There are alot more of them around
> then 25 year old Jap equivilents

  Why are you comparing American "collectables" to Japanese
standards like Corollas and Coronas?

  Sure you'll see Corvettes and Firebirds and such, but how many
Pontiac J2000s do you see on a daily drive? Have you seen
one this year? Howabout a nice Chevy Citation?

  You'd have to live in a cave to not see RX7s, Celicas, and
so on from your "target age range", not to mention the cars
that started mundane but became cool like bubbleback Hondas
and flat glass Tercels.

  Even the Miata is now creeping towards being a quarter
century old.

  (and for what it's worth, my first car was an 83 Corolla
and I still see it driving around occasionally. And there is
at least three Coronas I see on a regular basis around
here. Do you open your eyes when you go outside? ;> )

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca

///