Re: Japanese Products (NO LBC)

To: RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Japanese Products (NO LBC)
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 20:05:13 EST
In a message dated 3/29/01 6:42:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca writes:

> What's with Volvo's?  I'm seeing very old cars that look like new.  Is it
> the cars or the owners' care?
>
> Robert D.

Volvos seem to run a long, long time.  My favorite European car mechanic told
me he hates them because there is no technology in them that wasn't available
on a tractor 50 years ago (excepting the intercooled turbo and more recent
fwd models).  As a result, they just go and go.  There are a few old ones
around here in salt land, too.  They're boxy and goofy looking, but ya gotta
love that!  I've almost bought them as daily drivers, but the non-turbos are
a lot slow.

Chris Eck
59 Bugeye
59 TR3A