Re: BEEFI

To: froggi@cdsnet.net, spridgets@autox.team.net, dustin.carter@lycos.com, perform_imports@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: BEEFI
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 22:37:57 EDT
In a message dated 4/3/01 4:52:32 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
froggi@cdsnet.net writes:

> As you know, in part, this is a DIY project.  We will be
> producing the "brain box"

In my opinion, worth what you will be paying for it, the basic unit, maybe
upgradable later needs to be pretty economical.  Not cheap, but if the total
conversion, parts cost, odd bits included runs much over a grand, your sales
would be somewhat limited I think.

I assume you don't expect to get rich off this project, but on the other
hand, there are better charities like world hunger...I would expect you to
pay for your time and at least  help support your Spridget habit....or pay
for an extra bugeye.

For instance, the 5 speed conversion runs about $1500 no?  And I think if
there was a way to put it together for half that, rib cases would become boat
anchors.

These are still $8000 cars even when tricked to the max.  So spending $3000
on FI may not make sense.

All said, I'm eager to start on my conversion

RH

///