RE: Vehicle ID Number

To: "'Gerard Chateauvieux'" <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>, "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Vehicle ID Number
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 11:46:29 +0200
Gerard,

What do you mean by DMV.

Is there a way to contact this people and ask for the original papers?

Plate  number : WA76 618835

This is a really thin plate which looks to be glued on the surface.

because WA76 is printed and 618835 is stamped it looks this is happened in
1976.
This might be a good guess?

Any information on tracing this kind of numbers in the USA are welcome

Jurgen

Jurgen,

The left side door plate is/was not tracked for production. If you have a
right side door plate starting withthe letters BAE, that one is traceable
for the original chassis number. The firewall number is not accurate for
vintage nor is it traceable. If you want to find the original chassis
numer, the BAE number is your only hope at this point. See my web site for
more information on British Motor Industry Heritage Trust (BMIHT)
http://www.gerardsgarage.com/GarageContent/BMIHTinfo.htm

The  Washington State number would have been issued by the DMV since the
chassis plate was missing This is what they officially recorded as the VIN
number. Caifornia does the same.

Gerard

At 9:45 AM +0200 4/6/01, Jurgen de Haan wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>I am back with new information request about my car the one withouit
numbers

>I have a plate in car issueed by the state of washington.
>It gives the following information
>
>Assigned identification number WA76   618835
>Control Number 74335
>
>Does anyone know where this number has been issued and the main reason
>why???
>
>My body number left side just before firewall tells 23094. Anyone close to
>this number, please send me a message telling me the month, year, body- and
>VIN number
>
>Thanks a lot
>

>Jurgen de Haan
>jdh@elscolab.nl