Re: kakworm and more! lbcus lackus

To: "JustBrits" <justbrits@home.com>, "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: kakworm and more! lbcus lackus
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 21:38:08 -0400
Gotta agree with Ed 110% on this one! I've tried NA 2000 three times - once
on Win 98 and twice on Win 2000. NA combined with a Microsoft "Critical
Update" rendered the Win 98 installation completely unbootable! Haven't used
Win 98 since. Both times on Win 2000 it didn't wipe it out, but at times
would use every bit of available CPU time, and the email scanner would just
totally freeze up on some attachments. I decided there weren't very many
viruses out there that could match the destructive power of NA 2000.

FYI, the school where my father works uses McAfee and he said that it isn't
any better. They have a lot of problems with an ancient (in computer years)
virus called "AntiEXE" and McAfee can't deal with it!

Maybe 2001 is better, but I wouldn't bet on it. A company I worked for until
last fall had some heavy ties with Symantec for a while, and they can't do
anything right. They've gotten their last cent from me.

Good luck,

Eddie
1971 Midget