Interesting MPEGs of Spridgets in competition at the Australian National

To: "Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>, <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Interesting MPEGs of Spridgets in competition at the Australian National Meet
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 18:32:25 +1000
I've put a couple of MPEGS up on the AHSDC website. They are of the motorkhana
held at the Australian Sprite National Challenge held over Easter in South
Australia.

My bugeye is in restoration mode at the moment, so my Midget was out there. It
was still
in Rally setup so was not all that competative on the track. (A strategically
placed dip at
the Mallala track - never been there before - exposed a problem with my new
rear suspension),
so I still have work to do..

The mpegs are big (full version 23Mb, shorter version 10Mb), but quite
spectacular examples of
motorkhanas. The smaller version has good examples of the powerslide technique
and the
more traditional handbrake turn technique.

You can get to the mpegs from the main page (look towards the bottom of the
main frame - you can't
miss it)

            http://reality.sgi.com/ahsdc

As photos come in and I get to convert the results, I'll post a summary of an
excellent national
meet
run for the first time by the South Australian Club. Over 60 competition
Spridgets and over 100
attendees
from Sth Australia, Western Australia, Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria.

Mike

///