Fw: Thanks from Newbie with ?

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Thanks from Newbie with ?
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 07:50:29 -0400
The whine is because the transmission has helical cut gears. Brand spanking
new, they whine but not real loudly! A worn first gear and laygear is a
noisey thing. Most people live with it as it is more of an annoyance than
anything.

Once upon a time I had a 1967 Sprite with a tailshaft bushing going out. I
pulled the tranny and sent it to the foremost Spridget guy in the area. When
I got it back, it screamed in 1st gear. The S.O.B. stole my perfect gearset
for his race car!!!

I was so upset with the noisey trans that I sold the car. It was a great car
too! Fortunately, I made a profit on the deal so I can't complain too much.

My pair of pennies...
Kent

> Still looking for help on the gearbox whine though.  Like Roger Cotting
> asked...Has anyone found a magic fluid to solve this problem???  Or should
> get ahold of Paul A.and start negotiating for a 5-speed??
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Steve Swarin

///