Re: Almost running (long - the continuing story)

To: <DLancer7676@cs.com>, <cbking@mail.alum.rpi.edu>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Almost running (long - the continuing story)
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 10:54:51 -0400
Takes a big man to take on the rusty metal work. If I had the MIG
welders, I might give it a try. If I were to make all my own
replacement panels instead of buying from Moss, it might turn out
very economical. If I was prepared for something not too
perfect......

I've seen amateurs go at it, not all succeed, and hats off to
those who do. Take a look at the body restoration pics in -

MG Midget & Austin-Healey Sprite Restoration Prep Maint by Jim
Tyler
and
Same title Guide tp Purch & DIY Restoration by Haynes

Geez, enough to scare me right off (unless its an absolutely rare
car). IMHO, if you want to get on the road before the third
millenium, buy a rust free tub.

Mike L
60A,67E,59Bug

> In a message dated 4/22/2001 9:53:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> cbking@mail.alum.rpi.edu writes:
>

> > What is the collective wisdom of the list? I know I'm in for a
long
> > restoration. I suppose I'm trying to avoid so much welding,
since I haven't
> > done it but once before, and then only for 5 minutes. I think
I'd prefer to
> > get a shell in decent shape.

///