Dash conversion

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dash conversion
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 01:07:07 -0400
Hi all,

Just finished putting in new interior panels and carpet - looks pretty
sharp! Better than the torn old panels and bare metal floors, for sure! Much
quieter too!

Anyway, now my slightly ratty dash looks even rattier. I have a dash topper
for it, but there are also some cracks on the face of it in front of the
passenger seat, although it looks great around the instruments. But I was
browsing through OSM and started thinking that the older metal dashes looked
pretty sharp. So I thought I'd look into a conversion. Added bonus would be
more room for a few more switches or gauges (voltmeter) if I wanted. Has
anyone done such a conversion from a padded dash (mine's a 1971) to an older
metal one? Any real gotchas? Anybody have a dash for sale - I have a lead on
one for $50, but I like dealing with listers as much as possible. I'll
probably keep the later style switches (unless someone throws them in with a
dash) - that actually appears somewhat consistent with home market models of
the time, at least going by pics in OSM.

I'm also considering installing the 1967 grill I have access to.

Comments?

Thanks!

Eddie
1971 Midget