T5 & T9 Re: 1500 5-speed conversion

To: w.gilroy@verizon.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: T5 & T9 Re: 1500 5-speed conversion
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 13:22:59 EDT
The majority of Sierras used the Ford Type nine or N or 9 gearbox.  The
Cosworth Sierras and other performance Fords used the Borg Warner T5 which is
completely different and dimensionally bigger box altogether but has the same
bolt pattern (as far as I know).

So, if you can get it to fit it will work with a Frontline kit but I suspect
it is simply toooo biggg to go in the tunnel.

Don't believe everything you read in car magazine they often carry huge
numbers of inaccuries.  In the case of the T5 there are numerous and wildly
different versions a bit like the A-Series engine from a 998 tranverse Mini
engine to a 1275 Spridget - the same but not the same!

Daniel1312

In a message dated 26/04/01 22:15:51 Pacific Daylight Time,