RE: Alternative Fuels, etc

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Alternative Fuels, etc
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 18:44:01 -0700 m>
In the original tool kit for my land cruiser, there are different carb jets
and parts you can swap in and run on alcohol. Supposedly when they arrived
at the dealer, the dealer installed the correct jets. In Brazil, they were
running for a long time on sugar cane alcohol. Don't know if they still are
however. The main drawback seems to be the range. I have heard that
consumption sky rockets, and from the look of these jets, (they are huge) I
would deduct this to be true. However I may be speaking out of my rear end,
and if anyone has any real knowledge, please correct my ignorance!

Toby

Oh and in the Toyota workshop handbook, it has different levels of static
timing of your ignition depending on the different octane fuel available.
The hilarious thing is that the table goes all the way down to like 50 and
below octane! How is that possible! hehehe.