Re: Alternative Fuels, etc

To: richard.arnold@juno.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Alternative Fuels, etc
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 09:15:50 EDT
In a message dated 5/1/01 5:59:56 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
richard.arnold@juno.com writes:

> Well, as long as we're on the subject, anyone know how to make a still?
>
> Rich

You mean one like great grampa had in the piney woods of east Texas? or one
like I saw near the M&M Mars plant that took all the candy off the floor and
distilled it using solar power?

Yep to the first..nope to the second.

You just need a vessel of some sort, copper is the preferred medium in which
to boil the fermented whatever, corn, sugar cane, potatoes, etc. with a
closed top.  At the top of the vessel, a condenser...coil of copper pipe is
again the tradition.  Liquid that boils out of the fermented mash...alcohol
boils at a lower temperature than water, is collected by the condenser...and
there you have it...white litenin'!!!!

R Houston

74 Midget...Running!  now just the little things, adjust valves, replace air
filters, change oil, fix tach, fix speedo, fix 4-way flasher, etc, etc,
etc.....
63 TR4 up on blocks!
Too many projects, too little time.

///