oil spill

To: "spidgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: oil spill
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 18:32:08 -0600
Well crud.  I tried to top up with oil tonight, and have an Exxon Valdez type
puddle under my car.

Put the oil in, and noticed that some of it made it into the engine, the rest
came pouring out the space in between the head and the rest of the engine.
Everything inside is covered with the nasty black stuff, and apparently it's
airborne, because I noticed a thin layer of it on the outside of the bonnet in
the crease next to the light.  I can only imagine how it's getting there.

Anyway my question is, will tightening the head help?  What other measures can
I take?  I'm sure a bit is leaking out of the engine in the usual British car
manner, but this is ridiculous.

Thanks all,
Patricia
'59 Bugeye