Re: oil

To: patricia.sauthoff@Colorado.EDU, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: oil
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 22:17:07 EDT
In a message dated 5/9/2001 8:46:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
patricia.sauthoff@Colorado.EDU writes:

> It's coming out from under the valve cover, not the head.  Sorry.  I'm
> spacey.

Phew!   That is a lot less serious.  Sounds like you need a valve cover
gasket--an easy and cheap fix.  I like to silicone the valve cover gasket
into the cover itself to provide a good seal there, then use a thin coat of
silicone between the head and the gasket.  Don't crank down on the valve
cover bolts as tight as you can.  You don't want to be so tight that you
distort the shape of the valve cover.  That is what causes leaks there.

--David C.