Weber issues

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weber issues
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 11:49:37 -0700
I'm trying to cure the off idle flat spot on my 62 Sprite. I yanked out my
40DCOE yesterday to check it out to go through it and see if I can make some
changes to cure this problem. I need to correct this as it's pretty much
undriveable in traffic. As soon as I dip into the throttle it stalls and
sometimes dies completely. I've tried to be as light as possible on the
throttle but it still does it.  Any ideas as to which direction I should
take.

The carb particulars are:
Chokes: 32mm
Aux. venture: 4.5
Emulsion tube: F2
Main jet: 145
Idle jet: 45F9
Pump jet: 50
Starter jet: 85F9
Air Corrector: 175

This is a "stock" 1275. Don't know anything about the internals, the PO had
it rebuilt with what he assumed was to stock specs. It does have a header
and a Mallory Dual Point distributor.

Herby
64 MK II Sprite - HRBYTOY (under construction/de-construction)
62 MK II Sprite - HRBYTOY2? (My new driver)
billh@aaai.com
www.herbytoys.com