RE: Weber issues

To: "'Ptegler'" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>, "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Weber issues
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 14:22:34 -0700
Yes, it appears to cough vapor. I never see it but the underside of the air
cleaner shows evidence of this. It sounds like that's what's happening. Now
that I think about it the engine "diesels" a bit on shutdown when hot.

The 45 DCOE that came on the car has ram pipes (about 2.25 inch) but the 40
does not. This problem occurs with either carb. I haven't taken the 45 apart
yet but checking the easy stuff the specs on it are:
Chokes: 34mm
Emulsion tube: F2
Main jet: 140
Idle jet: 50F9
Pump jet: 45
Air Correction: 175

Was told by PO that he spent a lot of time getting the carb setup right.
Doesn't seem quite right to me.

Herby
64 MK II Sprite - HRBYTOY (under construction/de-construction)
62 MK II Sprite - HRBYTOY2? (My new driver)
billh@aaai.com
www.herbytoys.com