Blue Smoke

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Blue Smoke
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 13:39:17 +0100
My 1275 puts out blue smoke, and I am thinking something may be wrong!
Engine was rebored with new pistons and rings.
I was dissapointed with the amount of smoke it produced some months
ago, but you all said "drive it - it will get better" I did (3500
miles) but it hasn't!

The valve guides were a bit worn so new guides and valves fitted, but
the blue haze still follows me around.

It is a standard UK spec engine, twin SUs and no fancy Californian
anti-smog stuff!
It has a wire wool - filled canister on the front of the timing chain
cover, and a pipe direct to a Y fitting on the carbs, between the
manifold and the butterfly valve.  There dosn't seem to be any form of
restrictor in this system - is something missing?

Any advice, anybody?

Guy

PS exhaust manifold repaired with 2 - pack resin filler is holding out
so far!